Sunday, February 5, 2012

Notebook

Yesterday I decided to take out the Bind it All and see if I could figure it out.  I did finally figure it out while trying to make a book for my nephew.  He has to keep track of his blood sugar levels and if they are high he has to keep track of what he does to lower the number.  My first book turned out OK but I have learned some things that I will use when I try making the next one.

The cover is 5x6 and I cut the cover out of cereal boxes.  I did double the boxes up for the cover but the tabs in the book are just one piece.  I tried to make this very manly (if that is possible).  I think it is very hard to make something for teen boys.  
On the tabs there are 6 of them I put Blood Sugar Logs that I printed from the internet.  I also added notebook paper in different sizes for him to write notes.  The inner tabs are a little smaller I think they are 4x6.  Again this was my 1st attempt at a book so I don't think it turned out too bad.  My sister picked up the book yesterday and I think she was really excited about it.  She brought my nephew's pages that Children's Hospital gave him to keep track of his numbers so I am going to mess around with those pages today to see if I can get them small enough to make some more books for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment